The Infinite Possibilities of Traditional Industry and Rich Human Resources
- Located in the center of Japan, Gifu is one of Greater Nagoya's primary cities.
- 18 minutes from Nagoya by train.
- 55 minutes to Centrair by train, 70 minutes by car.
- Re-development of Gifu Station has brought many skyscrapers to the area.
- The Meishin and Tokai Hokuriku Expressways provide excellent access. The Tokai Loop
Expressway is under construction.
- Economy & Industry
- Main industries are apparel, industrial metals, and printing.
- One of Japan's primary fashion centers alongside Tokyo and Osaka.
- 12 universities and research facilities provide excellent know-how.
- Several International Convention Facilities have been made available in the city.
- Life and Culture
- Rich history, culture, and natural resources make Gifu an excellent tourist spot.
(Nagaragawa Ukai, Kinkasan)
- Industries that continue traditional ways. (Gifu Chouchin - lanterns and Wagasa - umbrellas)
- Large-scale commercial development program that covers Gifu to Yanagase.
Gifu Fashion Center
- Surface Area:
- Manufactured Products Shipped:
(100 million yen)
- apparel, industrial metals, printing, food processing, chemicals and plastics
- Nohhi Logistics Co., Ltd. API Co., Ltd. Gifu Plastic
Industry Co., Ltd. Hirota Co., Ltd.
and Research Facilities:
- Gifu University (Collaborative Center for
Academy/Industry/Government, Gifu University Hospital), Gifu Pharmaceutical University
*Surface Area, Value of Manufactured Products Shipped, Population, and No. of Firms from
Toyo Keizai "Toshi Datapack 2004"
- The Collaborative Center for Academia-Industry-Government joint promotes the conducting
of research between the three bodies.
- Plentiful human resources that come from the high concentration of top-quality educational
facilities in the area.
- Rich history, culture, and natural beauty provide a high quality of life. Also houses
GN's second largest population.
- Gifu City Hall
- 1-11 Kanda-cho Gifu, Gifu