Blend of IT and Monozukuri
- Southern Gifu in the northern Nobi Plains area, 30km from Nagoya
- 57 minutes to Centrair via the Airport Express.
- 5 minutes from the Gifu Kakamigahara IC on the Tokai Hokuriku Expressway.
- Japan Railways, Nagoya Railways, and Route 21
- Connected to Nagoya and the Hokuriku Region by the Gifu Kakamigahara Interchange and Kawashima Parking Area along the Tokai Hokuriku Expressway.
- Economy & Industry
- Long history of aviation that begins with Japan's oldest airplane (1917). Aviation equipment, automobiles, transportation equipment, as well as general machines, metals and medical equipment make up the important industries.
- As part of the "Sweet Valley Project," Kakamigahara built the Technoplaza facility that includes 9 industrial parks.
- Life and Culture
- Facilities and parks such as the Water Eco Park make the city environmentally sound and verdant.
Kakamigahara Aerospace and Science Museum
- Surface Area:
- Manufactured Products Shipped:
(100 million yen)
- Number of Firms:
- Aviation, automobiles and auto parts, metal products, medical equipment
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Eisai, Gifu Auto Body, Amano Enzyme, Gifu Plastic Industries
and Research Facilities:
- Gifu Research and Development Foundation, The Gifu Prefectural Research Institute of Information Technology (GRIT), Gifu International Institute of Biotechnology, Gifu Prefectural Research Institute for
Health and Environmental Sciences, Tokai Gakuin University, Tokai Women's Junior College, Chubu Gakuin University / Chubu Gakuin College, Waseda University WABOT-HOUSE laboratory
- Technoplaza corporate attraction program
*Surface Area from Toyo Keizai "Toshi Datapack 2004" Population, Value of Manufactured Products Shipped, and Number of Firms provided by Kakamigahara City Hall
- Technoplaza looks to combine IT with monozukuri, and in doing so, hopes to upgrade industry, integrate, and create new technology. Proponents of the project are clustering specialized technology such as IT, VR, and robotics in the area and are also promoting and assisting business. There is currently a new Technoplaza facility under construction.
- Kakamigahara City Hall
- 1-69 Nakasakuramachi Kakamigahara, Gifu