International IT and Medical City
- At the crossroads leading to the Osaka Region and Greater Nagoya.
- 40 minutes to Centrair by sea-shuttle, 50 minutes by train from Nagoya.
- Direct access to Centrair by sea-shuttle. Regional Internet Exchange provides information transfer infrastructure.
- Economy & Industry
- The Mie Medical Valley Project will create medical, health, and welfare industries through joint cooperation between industry, academia and government.
- The Mie Technology Licensing Organization promotes industry-academia cooperation and Mie University, which plays a central role in the "Mie Clinical Trials Support Network" are two enticing research partners.
- Life and Culture
- Sea turtles lay their eggs on the beaches of Tsu.
- Prefectural capitol, and home to many medical, educational, and cultural facilities.
- Plentiful recreation facilities such as marine sports, golf, and tennis.
Chusei Hokubu Science City
Arial view of Mie University and bay area
- Surface Area:
- Manufactured Products Shipped:
(100 million yen)
- Number of Firms:
- General machinery, communication, biotechnology
- JFE Engineering Co., Tsu Manufacturing facility, Matsushita Electric Works Ltd., ZTV
and Research Facilities:
- Mie University, Mie University Hospital
- Chusei Hokubu Science City, New Factory Hisai Industrial Park
*Surface Area, Value of Manufactured Products Shipped, and No. of Firms from Toyo Keizai "Toshi Datapack 2004". Population provided by Tsu City Hall.
- Promotion of the Biotechnology, Medicine, Health and Welfare sectors through the Mie Medical Valley program.
- Special allotments allow overseas researchers easier access to visa extensions and labor environment management.
- Alliances with the "Mie Clinical Trials Support Network," supported by the Mie TLO, provides fast and high quality research.
- Chusei Hokubu Science City puts together several functions that make Tsu an attractive city. Tsu is the perfect center to conduct advanced industrial research as well as shipping and other industry-related activity.
- Tsu City Hall
- 23-1 Nishi Marunouchi